Sunday 22 May 2011

Three's a dream...well it is when it comes to being organised the Loulou way


My Tri-Filo System

So as you may have noticed I have a bit of a Filofax fixation. Have I mentioned this? Anyway my systems have recently had a bit of a revision and I'm now running 3 planners!! This may seem mad to some people BUT read on and you'll see how it works for me!!

First up, my lovely A5 Aqua Chameleon that was the result of the Philofaxy meet up in London:

Isn't she pretty?
Having already fallen in love with the look and feel of the Raspberry Chameleon that I have in the personal size when I was on the look out for a new A5 Filofax for work (fancied a change from my Bronze Domino Snake) and saw the Aqua I thought it could be a winner. But after seeing the original photographs from the catalogue I wasn't that keen. Which just goes to show that the actual colours are sometimes very different when you physically see them.

In the A5 I run the week on one page with notes format. I use this in all my filos. It works so well for me being able to list appointments and key to dos all in one place. The important thing for me in my work planner is being able to use it for To Dos and Notes as well as the agenda/calendar side of things and that is where the extra room in the A5 comes in so handy (although I am thinking potentially the new Flex product could be a work suitable winner!!)


A typical week

Anyway, you will see I have lots of coloured tabs for my different sections whether that is Team Stuff, notes from meetings with my boss or our consultant or magazine specific notes. This means I always have the latest notes and minutes to hand wherever I am in the building. Invaluable!


Spangly tabs

My second Filofax is the gorgeous Crimson Malden. This is a recent bargain purchase courtesy of the fantastic City Organiser site. This is my personal Catch All planner where Everything gets listed and recorded. And is big enough to write copious amounts of lists in - for example with Isle of Wight and Glastonbury festivals coming up I've got shopping lists, packing lists, must see lists and remember lists coming out of my ears!! These lists make using my Pocket Deco at the moment just a little too small for me.


Ooh it's the Malden

In here I use the standard Tabs with the addition of 2 clear Filofax dividers to highlight quickly my key notes areas for Festivals and Day Planner sheets. I've got inspirational tear outs from magazines of things I want to read/look up/buy and items that are almost like a mobile mood board for say the redesign of the garden we are currently doing at the moment. Well my pictures focus on furniture and plans for my pots but you get the idea!!


Just inside the Malden

I have to say the Malden is just so yummy. Te soft leather feels so delicious, the handy notepad pocket at the rear is AWESOME so I can use my ruled yellow pad - so much easier for quick note taking and I love the cute little zip pocket at the front. Adorable. For some reason I wasn't drawn to the Malden in the Vintage Rose although when I saw the original pictures I thought it looked gorgeous but in a reversal to the Aqua Chameleon I didn't like it in person. But I keep seeing photos including some with it next to the Crimson and I wonder if I was too quick to dismiss it. I think when I'm in London next I'll have to have a quick run by the store and check again (hehe)


Another typical week Malden style


I LOVE the notebook pocket


Last but definitely not least the Pocket Deco is my Date Book. All social engagements are in here so that when running around time on a weekend I can have my planner and note space in the smaller format with me at all times! When not in my handbag it lives on the sideboard so it is always ready to be updated with potential things to remember or do.


The Perfect Pocket Deco

I love the Deco. It feels decadent and the clasp is just beautiful. But the Pocket size while perfect for quieter weeks or times when I just need my diary when out and about it is just that fraction too small for the scale sometimes of note taking that I need.


Example of yet another typical week

So that brings me onto the Flex. I've been thinking for a while that if I could find the right notebook and planner combo potentially my Malden could become a combined work/social planner and a separate notebook would be the way ahead....only one way to tell I guess!!!

As you can tell I am in no rush to promise to not buy any more planners!! (cue evil laughter) So what do you think about my system? Mad or does it make sense....?

Lx



And here is another "arty" shot of my 3!

4 comments:

  1. Great set up, thanks for sharing it. I've been using just one Malden, but I am going to bring in an A5 Malden to use as my desk planner again. Miss having it open next to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all 3 of them. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW, talk about the crème de la crème of filos - I think you covered all your bases with the Chameleon (love the feel of this one), the Malden (love love love) and the Deco (love!). Oh, dear, did I do an adequate job of telling you (in the preceding sentence) that I love your filo choices? Haha!

    Thanks for sharing your filo usage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe thanks for all the lovely comments! I do love you all for enabling and not mocking like my lovely Mr P! x

    ReplyDelete